You can’t use your charcoal grill as a fireplace. … Because of this heat the metal of your barbecue will expand very quickly. When the enamel coating expands to fast a so called ‘Thermal Shock’ will happen, this results in the following damage: Thermal Shock is not covered within the Weber warranty.
Can you use a Weber BBQ as a fire pit?
Weber charcoal barbecue grills are famous for their distinctive globe shape, which you can adapt into a fire pit with a few household tools. Use the lower half for an in-ground fire pit, where friends and family can gather to relax, roast marshmallows or grill hot dogs on a stick.
Can you use BBQ grill as fire pit?
Most any fire pit can be turned into a barbecue pit, allowing you to cook delicious food over either a wood fire or charcoal. All you need is a grill grate, a rotisserie or a tripod. … Always keep the coal grate inside the grill when using it as a fire pit. Fires built directly on the grill bottom will snuff out quickly.
Can you burn wood in a BBQ?
Using wood when grilling or BBQing instead of charcoal is easy. Simply add your wood to the grill, light on fire (you can use all natural firestarters, newspaper, or Cedar kindling, for example).
Can I use an old wheelbarrow as a fire pit?
One of these is a trusty old wheelbarrow, which you can use as a fire pit. Only use a metal wheelbarrow as a fire pit. … A metal wheelbarrow can stand up to extremely high temperatures. You have the option to put it in your backyard temporarily or build a permanent fire pit around it.
What can I use instead of a fire pit?
10 household items you can turn into a fire pit
- Washing machine drum. washingmachinedrum.
- Cast iron pot. cauldron.
- Old tyre rims. tyrerims.
- Keg or barrel. beerkeg. second keg.
- Wheelbarrow. wheelbarrow. …
- Shopping trolley. trolley.
- Steel wok (& concrete) More from Lifestyle. …
- Flower pot. terracottapot.
What can I do with an old fire pit?
Ideas for a Rusted Patio Fire Pit
- Restoring. Starting with rough sandpaper and working your way down to fine-grade sandpaper, sand off as much of the rust as possible. …
- Planter. Turn the fire pit as is into a planter. …
- Garbage Can. Turn the fire pit into a decorative garbage can for the porch or patio. …
- Hose Storage.
What fuel is best for a fire pit?
Best fuels to use on your fire pit
- Kiln Dried Logs: As the name would suggest, kiln dried logs offer a lower moisture content than seasoned or wet logs as they have been dried in a kiln for 7 days. …
- Wood Briquettes: …
- Charcoal: …
- Smokeless Fuels: