The goal of fire prevention is to educate the public to take precautions to prevent potentially harmful fires, and be educated about surviving them. It is a proactive method of preventing fire-based n emergencies and reducing the damage caused by them.
What are the 4 goals of fire protection?
Four goals: (a) prevent fire from starting, (b) prevent loss of life in case fire does start, (c) confine fire to its origin, and (d) extinguish fire.
What are the three goals of fire protection?
The goals of fire-prevention programs include preventing loss of life, property damage, and downtime in use of a building. Fires often can cause disruption of business activities, loss of business documents, loss of employee work hours, and liability claims resulting from the spread of fire to adjacent properties.
What is the basic purpose of protection against fire?
The key to preventing fires is to keep heat and ignition sources away from materials, equipment and structures that could act as fuel to complete the fire triangle.
What is the best defense against fire?
As always, the best defense against a fire is to be prepared. Take a moment to look at your fire extinguisher.
What are the methods of fire prevention?
Ways to prevent fire incidents:
- Avoid unattended or careless use of candles. No open flames are allowed inside any Tufts University building.
- Keep BBQ grills at least 10 feet from the house. …
- Do not disable smoke or CO detectors. …
- Do not smoke indoors. …
- Do not leave your cooking unattended.
What is the first step in fire prevention?
Are you fire safe in the home?
- Installing an adequate number of suitable smoke alarms and testing them regularly is the first step in your home fire safety plan.
- Having a written escape plan in case of fire and practicing it regularly.
- Make sure keys to all locked doors are readily accessible in case you need to escape.
What should I do in case of a fire?
What To Do If A Fire Starts
- Know how to safely operate a fire extinguisher.
- Remember to GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL 9-1-1 or your local emergency phone number.
- Yell “Fire!” several times and go outside right away. …
- If closed doors or handles are warm or smoke blocks your primary escape route, use your second way out.
What are the basic fire protection systems?
Fire-protection and life safety systems include building exit systems, fire-alarm systems, and fire-suppression systems. … Passive fire protection involves the use of building components to control or limit a fire. Walls, floors, and ceilings can be designed and constructed to resist the passage of fire and smoke.