Fire safety procedures are a written set of plans describing the actions to be taken in the event of a fire emergency, and assigning responsibility for each action.
What are the five basic fire safety practices?
Five Fire Safety Tips
- Check that all smoke and fire alarms are functioning properly. Ideally, you should test your fire alarms once a month and replace batteries twice a year. …
- Have an actionable fire plan. …
- Never leave a room with an open flame. …
- Have at least one fire extinguisher. …
- Embrace the cliché—Stop, Drop, and Roll.
What are the emergency procedures for a fire?
Fire Emergency Procedures
- Close the door as you leave the room.
- Pull the nearest fire alarm (located at any exit)
- Evacuate the building. DO NOT use elevators. Proceed to an assembly area across the street and away from the building.
- Report the fire.
What are the 3 categories of fire evacuation?
In care premises, evacuations fall into three categories: Single-stage: If all residents are deemed independent of help, all residents can evacuate immediately with minimal assistance. Progressive horizontal: Occasions when most residents are dependent on staff assistance for a successful evacuation.
What is workplace fire safety?
OSHA standards require employers to provide proper exits, fire fighting equipment, and employee training to prevent fire deaths and injuries in the workplace. Each workplace building must have at least two means of escape remote from each other to be used in a fire emergency.
What is the first rule of fire safety?
When it comes to fire safety, the number one rule is that everyone goes home. Ensuring this starts the moment you drive up on scene with a good scene size up. Assessing the structure, looking for hazards, and calculating the best means of fire attack are some of the first steps to ensuring scene and firefighter safety.
What is the first step in fire response?
General fire response procedures must be implemented immediately upon suspicion of a fire. Remove patients and personnel from the immediate fire area if safe to do so. Activate Alarm and notify others. Activate nearest audible fire alarm by pulling the handle down on alarm.
What are the 4 race procedure in a fire?
- RACE: Remove, Alarm, Confine and Extinguish or Evacuate. This easy to remember acronym is our University procedure in the case of a fire. …
- Remove. Remove everyone from the area. …
- Alarm. The fire alarm pull station shall be activated call 911 to report fire. …
- Confine. …
- Extinguish or Evacuate.